Injured From A Florida Bicycle Crash?
Florida is the most dangerous state for bicyclists, leading the nation as having the most reported accidents, crashes, fatalities and injuries. This is especially true considering Florida’s year-around riding conditions, tourism, the congested roads and the number of distracted drivers.
Florida maintains an active crash-dashboard noting the total number of bicycle crashes, bicycle fatalities and bicycle injuries (source):
In 2022 alone, the number of bicycle crashes are staggering:
- Total Bicycle Crashes: 7,117
- Total Bicycle Fatalities: 209
- Injuries From Bicycle Crashes: 6,647
Most serious bicycle crashes involve vehicles, deaths are highest in the summer months, most bicycle accidents occur in urban areas, and most are caused by a driver’s failure to yield right of way, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The most common injuries suffered by cyclists are head injuries, which can range from lacerations, broken bones to a traumatic head injury. Other injuries may include concussions, headaches, dental fractures, neck injuries, shoulder injuries, back injuries, road rash, abrasions and lacerations on the skin.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle crash, in Florida through no fault of your own, you are likely to have the following TOP 10 questions:
- What are my rights against the driver who caused the accident?
- What should I do about the medical bills received including the ambulance billing, fire rescue billing, emergency room billing and for other medical bills following the crash?
- What should I do about lost time from work, lost wages incurred and for on-going lost wages?
- What should I do about the damage to the bike, my helmet, sunglasses, clothes, watch, cell phone or other damages to other personal items?
- What steps should I take now to protect myself to obtain the best medical care and best financial recovery?
- How soon should I see a doctor for follow-up or on-going injuries and what is the best type of doctor to see?
- What should I do if I receive a call from the driver’s insurance company? Should I agree to provide a recorded statement?
- What is the value of my case?
- What insurance did the at fault driver have, what are the insurance limits and how does my own insurance come into play towards paying my medical bills and lost wages?
- What about compensation for my other damages, future lost wages, future medical bills, inconvenience, mental anguish and my pain and suffering, and other expenses or losses?
Call Tampa based attorney Brad Souders at 1-800-254-5155 to schedule a FREE immediate consultation to answer all of your questions. Let us do all the work for you to hold all parties fully accountable for all injuries and losses sustained.
There are no charges for attorney’s fees or costs unless we win! We have a principal office in Tampa, representing accident victims and their families throughout the state of Florida with over 30 years of experience.
Home, Hospital, Evening, Virtual & Weekend appointments upon request. We also pride ourselves on delivering friendly, personal, prompt and professional service, with the goals of helping YOU obtain the best medical care and best financial recovery possible!